Fancy working at an award-winning agency whose clients include the UK’s most trusted brand, the world’s largest wealth management firm, the UK’s largest fitness club group and one of the world’s most successful private equity firms?
Headland is one of the UK’s five fastest-growing agencies. We specialise in corporate and financial communications and public affairs. While we are based in the City of London, we work with clients across the UK and overseas.
Last year, our team grew by more than 30%. Now we are looking for talented, ambitious graduates to join our team of communications consultants as we embark upon our next phase of growth.
Our graduate programme has been running for several years. It is distinctive because our grads are tested from day one, but always backed up by supportive colleagues who coach them through each communications challenge. The type of work is varied and our range of clients extensive. Some examples are:
- We have helped Virgin Active tackle rising inactivity levels in young people by working with secondary schools across the country to redesign the way PE is taught
- We secured international media coverage around the launch of the Global Apollo Programme, which saw David Attenborough call on world leaders to take action to tackle climate change
- Our work for global wealth manager, UBS, resulted in Headland winning the Best Media Relations award at the PRCA Awards
- We hosted FTSE 100 L&G’s first ever Google Hangout and managed its social media strategy
- We communicated the £110m transformation of London Luton Airport, ensuring its voice was heard in the debate around airport capacity
- We worked with the in-house team at Danone, one of the world’s largest food companies, to build a corporate narrative and growth strategy for the company.
Why should you choose Headland?
- We run an intensive 6-month training programme where you will learn how to become a rounded communications consultant. The 40+ module programme includes training on financial and corporate PR, media relations (digital and traditional), content creation and paid media, public affairs, new business pitching and issues management;
- Insights sessions in the form of: Headspace, a weekly lunchtime knowledge session where we explore trends with think tanks, journalists, data analysts, pollsters and colleagues; and Knowledge@9, weekly tutorials on skills we need to acquire to be the best consultants;
- Two memorable and not-to-be-missed all-day parties every year, as well as monthly company drinks, wine and beer tasting events, and a busy calendar of sporting activities (5-a-side football and tag rugby);
- A competitive starting salary and benefits, including a generous pension contribution, health insurance, annual season ticket loan and an allowance to cover your travel to work during your first month’s employment.
We are looking for…
…graduates with a genuine interest in business, current affairs and media and:
- An enquiring mind and a thirst for continuous learning
- Confidence and the ability to take the initiative
- The ambition to be an impressive communications professional.
How it works
By 29 January: in 400 words, tell us what you could offer Headland and our clients and send it with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Headland Grad Programme’ in the subject box.
Late January/early February: eligible candidates will be contacted to arrange a short discussion via telephone regarding their capabilities and understanding of communications.
6 to 17 February: candidates invited for a short face-to-face interview.
Tuesday 7 March: a final group of candidates will attend an assessment day at Headland’s London office, during which time you will participate in an interview, a roundtable discussion, complete a short writing exercise and give a presentation on a topic which we will provide to you a week in advance. Final round candidates will be notified by 14 March if they have been successful.
September: successful candidates will start their career at Headland!
LinkedIn: Headland Consultancy